Quick + Easy list of social media tips you can put into action today!
Hi there! I help bands and small businesses with their social media accounts – not just the day to day posting and updates, but I also assist by planning out campaigns and long-term strategies to grow my clients’ online fanbase and ultimately their income!
Sign up for my mailing list (bottom of this page) – I email free social media tips for running your band or business online accounts. I will share my experiences and help lead you to your own online success. A lot of tips and tricks will be directly related to the music industry, since that is where my focus is – but many of these tips will apply to any type of business promotion.
There are quick tips about Facebook, Twitter, Google + and all kinds of other stuff.
- Facebook: Do you know how to make your status update go across the whole width of your page rather than only be on the right or the left side of the timeline? After you make your post on your facebook page, hover over the top right corner and hit the star. This will highlight the post and make it wider!
- Google+: Have you seen the new Google+ Events? Read more about them here! You can even invite people to events that are NOT on Google+. One feature that sounds nice is that you can create a photo album within the event! http://bit.ly/NZKqdV
- Facebook: Set your vanity URL. This is to prevent you from having a bunch of numbers in your URL and allows you to claim your “facebook.com/bandname” address. Type facebook.com/username into your address bar. There will be a drop down box to select which page or profile you would like to set the “username” for (also called vanity URL). Sometimes facebook will only allow you to set this after you have 25 likes or fans, but that is not always true.
- Youtube: PLEASE list your contact info in the captions of your youtube videos! Someone might stumble upon your vids and have no idea how to get in touch with your band, so it is best to make it as easy as possible for them to find you on other sites! Go do it now!! List all forms or contact or just one… website, facebook, email, reverbnation, myspace, twitter, etc
- Twitter: ?10 Twitter Tips for Public Figures – #5 SO TRUE and so overlooked! http://on.mash.to/JeFVyf
- File Sharing: Today’s tip… use Dropbox to share mp3?s, tour date schedules, merch order invoices and all kinds of other document goodies with your bandmates! Sign up today and get FREE space! For every friend who signs up with this link and installs dropbox on their computer, we BOTH get 500mb of free space: http://bit.ly/NZJYfR
- Pinterest: Great article on using Pinterest and pinning videos! This is a great idea for bands and businesses. You need to get on Pinterest today. http://bit.ly/NZILoN
- Facebook: You can easily overcome the 420 word limit of status updates. All you have to do is upload a picture and then you can write without any limitations in the caption area!
- Facebook: Use Share option on mobile. On the Facebook Mobile App, you can “like” and “comment” on posts in your Newsfeed, but the “Share” option is not available. An easy fix is to go to internet on your phone (not the mobile app!) and visit m.facebook.com. Hit “Home”, scroll ALL the way down to the bottom and click the link “Desktop Site” or “View Desktop Site”, now you will be able to see the Share option. There are lots of good reasons to switch between viewing the full Facebook website and the Facebook Mobile App, so remember that is always an option!
I am busy this week with multiple projects as I mentioned above.. but one thing you might not know about me is that I make jewelry as well as have my social media business (and I do lots of other things too like teaching violin lessons and jewelry making lessons)!
So, as I said I am swamped with work and have no featured link this week. But I wanted to give you a link to my online jewelry store in case you would like to take a peek at my jewelry designs: www.jennascifres.etsy.com
Thanks for sending in questions, I have a few I need to get to still.. so if you have asked a question I will be answering them in the next few newsletters. 🙂
If you like what I am doing, please help me spread the word. Just click one of these links to share my pages with your friends:
Get free social networking tips like this emailed straight to your inbox Just enter your email here. Note: Your privacy is very important to me, and I will never sell, rent, or otherwise distribute your e-mail address to a third party.