This week’s topic is primarily for bands, but will really be helpful for anyone that promotes or hosts events. I would like to share with you the NUMBER ONE tool I use for posting shows online. I know you might be groaning and thinking “not another network” or “we already have a way to post shows online”. Let me tell you that if you aren’t using Artistdata, you are seriously working too hard! Artistdata is the BEST and MOST EFFICIENT tool I have ever found for listing and promoting events on the web. Please don’t think I have any personal or monetary gain by saying this – I just really believe in the power of Artistdata that much.
Here is the link to sign up, but please read below to find out my thoughts and suggestions to utilize Artistdata:
Artistdata is completely FREE.. there’s no catch. It works as a dashboard for logging events and here are some highlights of all the amazing extras:
– Connect your social networks within Artistdata, and it will update your status’ when you enter the show and the day of. This works great with Facebook and Twitter, but Myspace has been having some issues updating lately. You can also select to delay the publishing of dates if you have shows that are not yet announced. Artistdata also creates a Facebook event so you don’t have to!
– Automatically submits your show information to top online concert databases. This is particularly helpful if you are already using the application BandsInTown… no need to switch! You never have to enter another show twice again! Just enter once into Artistdata and it updates the BandsInTown app. (lots of others, too – but that is a main one I like to use!)
– Syncs with most desktop and mobile calendar programs, no need to log into Artistdata to check your schedule because it will be right there in your calendar.
– Automatically alerts local newspapers in cities/regions you are playing.
– Creates HTML for you to pop into your website to have a calendar that automatically updates each time you enter a show.
And my two favorite features:
– Generates tour documents and day sheets to keep you organized and on track when you are on the road. Especially cool is that Artistdata gives you options to search for nearby hotels, coffee shops, copy centers, shipping places, and music stores… all based on the location of each venue.
– Automatically syncs to Fanbridge, which is the mailing list management system that I recommend to all of my clients. This means that each time you send out an email newsletter to your subscribers, your next 5 shows will be listed at the bottom of each email without you having to do anything extra.
There are SO many more features and benefits to Artistdata that you really need to just sign up and see for yourself! What are you waiting for? It is FREE! Connecting your social media networks is super easy and if you need any help, feel free to shoot me an email (email@example.com) and just ask.
***PLEASE NOTE*** If you are in multiple bands, manage bands, or own a label – I strongly suggest signing up with a “Label” account (I just looked this up and it may be called a “Musical Organization” account now). This is very important if you would like to only sign in once and have access to multiple bands under your one account. You can also grant other people (like band members) individual access under specific bands and not let them have access to your whole account.
Artistdata really is a life saver and one of my best super secrets! 🙂
If you like what I am doing, please help me spread the word. Just click one of these links to share my pages with your friends:
Tweet about Rock Socially or Share on Facebook
Get free social networking tips like this emailed straight to your inbox Just enter your email here. Note: Your privacy is very important to me, and I will never sell, rent, or otherwise distribute your e-mail address to a third party.